life is always about the journey...

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing!




We here at the Dean house we love Ranch Dressing for dips and salads.  I like to make my own Ranch Dressing myself as I know EXACTLY what's in it and I try to use the freshest ingredients that I can if possible.
This is a recipe that started out from BH&G years ago and slowly got tweaked over the years to my taste...its all about taste so tweak and add as you like to make it your own. That to me is the most fun part of cooking to tweak things and make them become your own.  
Never be afraid to STRAY from the recipe I say!

So the recipe is below along with a link for a printable version of the recipe if you'd like!


Here are the ingredients...I forgot the Dijon mustard when I took the picture so forgive me ;)
And I didn't have fresh Parsley on hand so I used dried but rest of herbs were fresh!

It looks like a lot of ingredients (it is) but it seriously comes together in less than 15 mins...can't beat that even if you are in a rush!

Try to make it a day ahead if not at least a few hours to chill in the fridge!



Chives are hard to dice...just saying..get them as small as you can and then give up and toss 'em in and its all good!



Look at that yummy goodness coming together!  I press my garlic cloves through a garlic press (I like my Pampered Chef one) and then smashed it again on side of bowl with my fork.  You don't want huge chunks of garlic in your dressing trust me, even if you love garlic.



And there you have it...yummy homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing!







Let me know if you make this and try it! I love getting feedback!
Glad to hear those of you that made my Cherry Cola BBQ sauce gave it THREE thumbs up too!





Share:

4 comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing, I'll definitely have to give this a try! Hope you are feeling better!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, did I miss how much buttermilk?? This sounds really good. I'm not a lover of Dijon mustard but I like it ok when mixed with mayo, so I think it will be good. Just may not use much. :-) Thank you for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta give this recipe a try. Yes, chives are difficult to cut up, so I use my kitchen scissors instead of a knife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing i. Home made is always better. Home made and easy, is better yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig