life is always about the journey...

Friday, October 3, 2014

Nothing But October!



If you have NO idea what I mean....well, ummm...you are missing out!!  October is Playoff season for all MBL baseball teams and my team (that would be the amazing Washington Nationals) are in the playoffs after clinching both the NLEast & NL titles with the best record in NL.  Sound familiar or does it sound like blah blah blah.  That's ok but I've got nothing on my mind except baseball playoffs right now...I'm in singular mode...can't stop me hahaha!


So today at 3 pm EST and on Saturday 5:30 pm EST I, my son & husband will be some of the crazies at Nats ballpark in DC rooting our team on in the first round of playoffs.  I have my signs made, my hat made, our Nats clothes ready to be worn....I also have a nervous belly and excited soul given the 2012 season and how that went (downhill fast).  So DC sports have been pretty unlucky over the years...I'm hoping we change that this year.


So please excuse me while I scream, cheer & yell till I'm sore for my Washington Nationals the next couple of weeks....because its "Nothing But October" in the Dean house right now ;)

*******


My husband's grandfather was a Washington Senators fan wayyy back when they were still in DC...if you follow history you know they left in 1971 and DC had no baseball team till 2005 when the Nationals came to town.  To have Grampa at this last regular season game this past Sunday was like another sweet part of history....why?  
Because our Nationals had their first No-No (no-hitter) for the first time pitched by our own JZ (Jordan Zimmermann)...it was crazy exciting to a be a part of history.


If you follow me on Instagram you can see the final moments...the final awesome catch and the stadium going nuts.  That video I took also made National Sports TV shows on Monday hahaha...lots of me screaming too...but I can't even tell you how amazing it was to be there in that moment & be a part of Nationals history!

So here's hoping we make some more Nationals History this weekend by getting through the first round of playoffs and making it all the way to the World Series.

The Deans will be there to see it all........and we are both grateful & excited!



Share:

1 comment

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig