life is always about the journey...

Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Fun!


 Summertime Fun!

Hi everyone!  I have some gardening pics, project pics and backyard pics going up later this week here so check back for those.  Just waiting for paint to dry and such LOL!  In the meantime thought I'd share a few fun and fab things that I think are super cool for summer!  Summer is my favorite time of year...just something about blue skies, sun out, green grass and the promise of some time off to just enjoy life.  These items below make me happy!!!




I adore this retro cooler...in love with the style and color...comes in many colors
and is $60 HERE!


I want a picnic basket...I want one that can hold a ton of stuff...and I'm slightly old-fashioned in that I want a wicker one.  There's just something about a wicker basket picnic basket that makes you want to pack it up, head out on a beautiful day and just enjoy life!  This particular one is the one I want currently...the plates/linens come in different colors but I like this butter yellow combo!
Picnic Basket Eat Eating Lunch Summer Smiley Smilie Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif photo 36_1_71-1.gif



I also like these for the beach...we have a cooler with wheels we use but I like this one for other food items and it zips closed so no sand in can blow in there.  Bonus....only $19.99 at World Market and lots of pretty patterns too!

I love the durability of Thirty-One Bags...they hold a ton, hold up well and come in so many fun patterns.  This large utility tote is one of my faves as it can hold a ton of beach towels, sand toys and magazines for the beach AND then come home and hold sports gear, groceries, etc.

Beach Sand Castle Build Building Beachball Water Ocean Summer Smiley Smilie Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif photo Sum3.gif
 I love pretty beach towels...for myself LOL...and I may have a "few" shhhh but I love the colors in this Vera Bradley beach towel.  So cute!!


We have a large outdoor area that we use as much as possible..I am addicted to pillows...its a problem LOL and I like lots of pretty patterns.  So a few of these are headed my way...they match my outdoor furniture as you will see in an upcoming post.  $44 for two from Overstock.com


I also love to light lots of tiki torches, candles, hurricanes and lanterns outside...I bought a few of these lanterns in white from Pier 1 Imports in different sizes.  And you can spray paint them any color if you need too...hmmmm LOL!




I love to plant in galvanized metal planters/troughs...I have some copper ones I love and have planted succulents in for under our cabana.  But I also love that you can find them in pretty colors AND if not you can paint them...a can of spray paint is the easy way to play!!


Summer is about ICE CREAM...its the only time of year I will eat it (odd I am, yes I know) and I love pretty ice cream dishes...shoot me but I have a few...its that glassware obsession again LOL!  I like the old fashioned ones best and we have a set like these above....12 for only $24.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond *use that 20% coupon you get in mail or online too*


Shoot me but I'm a sucker for the fun and kitschy at times so these condiment holders make me smile!  I love the lil picnic table and umbrella...how cute for your patio table or buffet this summer right?  Only $14.99 too...I may be getting one of these...hee!
Picnic Table Eat Eating Summer Smiley Smilie Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif photo 7_2_204.gif



And no garden is complete with a garden gnome to look over it...there are so many fun varieties out there but I love the all white ceramic ones I've seen.  Target had them but I missed out HOWEVER I found some online so my garden will be "gnomed" :)
Garden Gardening Plant Planting Grow Growing Flower Flowers Summer Smiley Smilie Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif photo 7_2_201v.gif


What's your favorite summertime find??


Share:

1 comment

  1. Cool and beautiful products. Thanks for sharing..can't wait to see the yard photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig