life is always about the journey...

Friday, May 10, 2013

Some Nights....


Some nights...its a Friday night...its storming & raining hard outside...the dogs are trying to climb on your head because they're scared of storms...the boys are gone for the evening...its just you & the teen daughter...all your sports teams have won that night...everyone is safe & warm and happy...you whip up some No Bake Cookies...and put on your fave movie....





Yeah some times its a REAL good night....

****************

No Bake Cookie Recipe 
(the one passed down to me from my mom & gram) 

1/2 cup shortening/Crisco
1/2 cup cocoa 
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups Oatmeal

(1) Mix everything except oatmeal over high heat in pan to a rolling boil
(2) keep stirring and boiling for 2 mins (no less than 2 mins so TIME IT or they will be runny, ick)
(3) Remove pan from heat and mix in oatmeal till well coated
(4) place spoonfuls on wax paper & cool
(5) EAT & ENJOY....yummmmm



Share:

1 comment

  1. My husband has been making a version of these since before we were married except he adds mint extract, very yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig